Monday, November 1, 2010

Netflix

I was excited to be able to use Netflix on my Sony Internet TV powered by Google TV, but my excitement was unwarranted. When I initially opened the app, I thought it looked cool, it brings you straight to the instant queue, which is nice. Then I tried to explore. This is where I my review ends. There is nothing more. The Google TV which is supposed to be all about searching can't search on their app. (I know I can just go to the Netflix webpage in chrome then add them there, but the resolution is hard to read, and they don't have an easy way to just search instant queue able items.)

On top of not having any features it takes a really long time to load. I know I may not have the fastest internet but everything else loads in at least half that time that Netfilx does. The biggest problem is before it loads it has to retrieve some kind of license which talks forever. Overall I am not impressed, which is kind of sad. I am waiting for an update that will make it more friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment